Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Knowledge vs. Belief

Knowledge IS NOT the same as Belief



Although that may sound silly, there are many things that I know to be true, but I don't really believe. For example,

I know that not brushing my teeth causes tooth decay, but if I really believed that I would carry around a tooth brush and brush after every meal.

I know that people who acheive very high levels of success write out their goal(s) and carry them in their wallet and read them daily, yet I don't really believe it because I have yet to do it. (Thinking of these things is convicting me though :))

People that smoke cigarrettes know that they lead to all kinds of diseases, yet most don't really believe it otherwise they would quit.

Here is the point knowledge only points to your agreement about something. Your level of belief is shown by the amount of action/will displayed in relation to that something.

This is very disturbing when many in America claim a belief in Jesus Christ when really they just have a knowledge of Jesus Christ. I am not talking about earning your salvation or works based salvation. I am talking about the action or fruit that is always associated with a real belief in Jesus Christ. As in my previous post, LeCrea speaks in his song "If He's truly raised to life, than this news should change your life!

For a very real example of this in God's Word look at Mark 1:34

"and Jesus healed many who had various diseases. He also drove out many demons, but he would not let the demons speak because they knew who he was."

Now it is very clear that the demons had a knowledge of who Jesus was, but considering it is a demon, he obviously does not believe in Jesus.

For those that are reading this that may have come to a realization that you do have a knowledge of Jesus, but you do not see any action/will that displays to you a real belief in Him; you have just discovered the most important thing in your life. I love you and truly want to talk to you.

For those that are reading this who are displaying the fruits of belief in Christ we are obligated to help wisely guide others who have been decieved.

1 comment:

  1. Jeremy-- Thanks for the encouragement on my blog today... and YES, it does seem like we are all tuning in to the same "Station"...Mental assent and pious platitudes have made the Church ineffective and even part of the problem. We need some POWER! God have mercy upon us and endue us with power from on high! I am glad you are part of my life Jeremy.

    ReplyDelete