Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Gospel isn't about me

As I worshipped yesterday with a gathering of Thai Believers in Krabi Town all in Thai language God talked to me and taught me A LOT!

I really came to a new level of understanding that the Gospel is not about me; The Gospel is about God. I know that sounds so elementary, but for most of us in our walk the majority of our thoughts and prayers to God (if you are like me) are about our hearing from Him, and our desire to know Him, and my Church and my... You get the point. Now I am not saying that any of those things are bad and that we shouldn't be thinking about and praying about those things, but when we are mainly focused on our walk with God, I think the natural tendency is to forget about others; Especially those outside of our church, city or state.

So here I am in a place where very few people profess the name of Jesus Christ, yet surrounded by worshippers jumping up and down, waving there arms and singing praises to the King of Kings, and all in a different language. WOW! A week ago I didnt even know these individuals existed, but here they are praising and worshipping the one true triune God. And while I didn't know these people existed, God did. And this scene is playing itself out all over the world, Russia, Uganda, Myanmar, Brazil... The Lord is gathering people to Himself. It SO brought perspective to the Word. God truly is raising up people from every tribe, tongue and nation to sing His praises.





1 comment:

  1. great thoughts. I enjoy reading your blog and facebook posts. We pray for you and your family daily. May Gob=d continue to bless you on your journey.

    ReplyDelete